If you get an error that NTOSKRNL not found:
- Insert and boot from your WindowsXP CD.
- At the first R=Repair option, press the R key
- Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair.
Typically this will be #1
- Change to the drive that has the CD ROM.
- CD i386
- expand ntkrnlmp.ex_ C:\Windows\System32\ntoskrnl.exe
- If WindowsXP is installed in a different location, just make the necessary change to C:\Windows
- Take out the CD ROM and type exit
Source: Bob Cerelli’s site (posted by Bob way back in ’03)
Filed under: Windows |