A common problem for people who reinstall Windows [ who haven’t! 😉 ]. So do these steps before you reinstall Windows, people….
According to onecomputerguy, “Sometimes when you reinstall , you can receive an Access Denied error when trying to open a previous user’s directory.”
To take ownership of that folder again:
- Log on with an account that has administrator rights
- Right click on the folder
- Select Properties
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on the Advanced button
- Click on the Owner tab
- In the list of Names, click on your name
- To take ownership, click on Replace owner on subcontainers and objects
- Click OK and Yes
Normally this happens if you password protect your Windows login.
Once again thanks to Bob Cerelli
Filed under: Windows |