Matthew Helmke posted an interesting article on his blog about stuff that is OK to do with Linux but it’s not OK while using Windows or even a Mac.
Among those are :
- Upgrade to the newest version legally and without paying money
- Have the latest version of the operating system run faster than the previous version on the same hardware
- Easily install and run different graphical interfaces if I don’t like the default setup
- Install twenty programs with one command
- Have the system automatically update all my installed programs for me.
- Install the same copy of my OS (Ubuntu) on multiple computers without worrying about license restrictions or activation keys