You turn on your computer and suddenly you are faced with the screen above? Fixing it is not that difficult.
All you need is to be able to boot using your XP CD!
- Boot using your XP CD
- At the R=Repair option screen, press R
- Choose #1 which normally is the correct location for the installation of Windows you wish to repair.
- Enter the Administrator password if any
- Type cd \windows\system32\config
- Since system was corrupted so type ren system system.bak
- Copy windows\repair\system
- Type exit, take out your cd and reboot.